Compete for $100,000 Cash
Applications for 2021 are now closed. Thank you to all who applied.
Please check back early next year for 2022 competition information.
About the GS Beyond Energy Innovation Challenge
The GS Beyond Energy Innovation Challenge is sponsored by GS Beyond, GS Futures, Energy Transition Ventures, and Cleantech.org. The cash prize is free from any strings, dilution, deliverables, and equity. This is your chance to pitch to some of the most successful investors in clean energy and compete for free money.
Energy sector startups from the earliest seed funding stages to those with customer traction are invited to apply.
- Startups must have a minimally viable product and/or have created a working prototype that can be demonstrated to judges
- Applicants must answer questions about their product, company, market size, business model, team, and upload a copy of their investor deck
- To avoid conflicts of interest, applicants should not be a portfolio company of Energy Transition Ventures or GS Futures
We received so many great applicants for our 2021 round. Learn more about last year’s semifinalists here.
Top Six Finalists: Present your startup at a virtual pitch day with energy industry leaders and investors.
Top Three Startups: Consideration for a pilot project with GS Group
Winner: $100,000 cash prize to most innovative product and business model
All Semi-finalists will receive one-on-one mentorship and coaching from Energy Transition Ventures, GS Beyond, GS Futures, Investors, and industry experts, as well as access to over $1B in venture capital.
We’re looking for startups with the most innovative product and business model.
Startups will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Strength of and viability of your business model
- Background, experience, and track record of the team
- Technical merit of your product or service
- Fit to the competition category
Visit our FAQ page for more information